Do you ever feel like you just don’t know what is going on. You always seem to miss the new trend that is happening on Social Media. Yeah….me too…..
So I did some research and put together a few ways that will help you to stay trendy online! Check it out!
Top ten ways to stay trendy on the Interwebz!~
1) Since we are approaching Autumn time again….the most glorious of seasons, with all the beautiful colors and the weather starting to change, always make sure that when you are on Facebook, you leave posts about how much you hate any and all things Pumpkin. Especially Pumpkin latte’s! Hate them! Make sure to post about it a few times a week and find pumpkin products to show everyone how much you hate pumpkin! It’s actually more popular to hate it then love it right now, so if you happen to be one of those folks that really does like pumpkin latte’s…you might want to keep it to yourself!
2) Again we are at that time of year where Football is back!! If you live in America then you know that football is a thing!! People get crazy about it! To stay trendy, …make sure that you tweet as much as possible about YOUR team. Also comment often on the posts that other folks have posted about THEIR teams and make sure to let them know how their team sucks ass!!! If there is a football game on, …make sure that you post about every single play that happens and how angry you are about it all!!
3) If you are one of those folks that is not into football, make sure to post often about how you are not into football!
4) I am a Bay Area girl! I grew up in California, and my heart will always remain there! To all my Cali people…I love you!! But if you are from California, and it happens to rain, …Immediately get on your social media and let everyone know!!! IT IS RAINING!!! Be careful out there folks! Water is falling from the sky which means things will happen….Many things! If you live in California and you want to be trendy….Post about the rain when it rains!
5) If you are a Blogger, make sure that you blog about Miley Cyrus! It doesn’t matter what you write about….just make sure that you do!
6) If you are a mom…..you must hate Calliou! If you want to be trendy you have to follow these instructions. Hate his voice, and make sure to talk about how much you hate him on social media! Can I just say though….this one has a lot of merit to it! Have you ever heard Calliou’s voice??? Nails on a chalkboard!!!
7) Hashtags!!! – #sorrynotsorry #jussayin #livinthedream. #nofilter. I have used those many times. There is also a big list of hashtags that are trending. You can actually find those on Google. An entire list of the hashtags you can use so that you can stay trendy!! One of the longest-running hashtags on Twitter, #FollowFriday or #FF is a way for Twitter users to recommend their favorite tweeters to their followers. It happens every Friday and is a worldwide event. Ideally, #FollowFriday should consist of recommendations for Twitter accounts that one believes are genuinely awesome, but for the most part people just #FF all their followers so that no one will feel left out, creating something closer to white noise.
8) Also use Hashtags on Facebook! Even though they really mean nothing on Facebook! JUST DO IT!
9) Every Monday post about how much you Hate Mondays! Don’t ever post something about loving Mondays and being so happy that you have to get up for work again! Not only will everyone hate you….chances are you will be thrown out of social media all together!
10) There are two kinds of people on the internet! Iphone people and NOT Iphone people. Pick a side folks!! There is no cross over here. You pick a side and go with it. If you happen to be an Iphone person, post often about how awesome your Iphone or Ipad is. And how all the other idiots that don’t have one will never know how awesome it really is! If you go in the other direction, which is basically any other kind of phone…make sure to let everyone know that you will NEVER own an Iphone. Not even if someone paid you too!!…and laugh at the people that have a phone that is bent to the shape of their ass now!… 😉
Bonus – Always make sure to keep up on what the National Day of the year it is. Like for instance if it is National Dog day…post pics of your dog. Or National coffee day, post pics of your coffee, …maybe it’s National pancake day or National pie day! Just as long as you post pics of your pancake and/or pie…you will for sure stay trendy!
What is out:
Some of the trends that were really big a few years back have made there way out. Like taking pictures of your dinner. You don’t see much of that anymore. Which kind of makes me sad because at least I knew whose house to crash for dinner. Also posting 5 million selfies has kind of made it’s way out. It’s more about the picture bombers these days. Posting a selfie while you are simultaneously picture bombing someone else…that is the shit my friends!!
Disclaimer: I have done all of these things. So don’t get all pissy at me because I’m pointing it out! I use Hashtags sometimes, and I complain about Calliou. I am not really a fan of football but I do have a team I connect with so of course I have to post “Go Niners!!” Which is ridiculous because I never watch the games. I don’t post about rain anymore, ..but you better believe I have posted when it is 10 degrees below zero! I have to complain to someone about it! I do love Pumpkin latte’s though! and you know what… #sorrynotsorry!!!