Mornings are hard enough…but add in the pressure of having to stand over a stove and cook some fancy food for people, It is just unfeeling and cruel! I can’t believe I am going to admit this…but my kids have eaten cold pizza for breakfast more than once. Which if you really stop and think about it, that makes me a sucky dinner person too, because obviously If there is cold pizza floating around then I wasn’t hanging out over the stove at dinner time either. Now before everyone passes judgement, check it out. This is my list of why it is okay to feed your kids un- breakfast like things for breakfast:
1. Cold pizza is no worse for you than Sausage, bacon, or ham. Seriously…it’s pig they are eating…and fried pig at that! The pizza at least has some sauce which started out as tomatoes!
2. Cake for breakfast is no different than eating a doughnut or muffin! You will never be able to convince me any differently on that!!
3. Ice cream may seem like a bad idea in the morning, but after Capt. crunch has been floating around your milk…TRUST that the same amount of sugar is in there..
4. Leftover lasagna probably has more veggies in it than your traditional egg omelette. Unless you get the veggie omelette ..but who really ever does that.
5. Is their really a difference between french fries and hash browns? It’s kind of like is their really a difference between wearing a bikini to the beach or your bra and panties to the beach? ..not really… unless you are wearing the crotchless kind…That makes a difference.
6. ANYTIME is a good time for chocolate!! Don’t even try to argue with me on that….
So there you have it. The things I tell myself to make me feel slightly better about my horrible breakfast making abilities! Which doesn’t really make me feel better. My kids may not ever have glorious memories of their mom slaving away in the kitchen making pancakes, but I’m pretty sure they already know I suck!…but hey, I can dance..( I have no idea why I added that last part….it just felt right.)